It is called "the singular island" and it is not for nothing. Between the Mediterranean and the Thau pond, the port of Sète is an invitation to travel.
You will be seduced by the colorful facades that overlook the canals as well as by the small streets that go to conquer Mont Saint Clair. In this cosmopolitan and creative city, we all feel a little marine or artists.
According to your desires, here are some idea of visits and activities :
- Espace Georges Brassens 1 km (5 minutes by car) www.espace-brassens.fr
- Museum Paul Valéry 1 km (5 minutes by car) www.museepaulvalery-sete.fr
- Musée International des Arts Modestes - MIAM - founded by Hervé DI ROSAwww.miam.org
- Centre Régional d'Art Contemporain – CRAC (contemporary art museum) www.crac.languedocroussillon.fr
Sport activities :
- Health Pathways 500 m
- Beach 2 km (10 minutes by car)
- Course or rental kayak, paddle : Kayak med www.kayakmed.com
- Cruise on canal, Sea or pond : Sète croisière www.sete-croisieres.com
- Tennis-club du Mas Viel 1 km (5 minutes by car) www.tcsete.com
- Golf Cap d'Agde 20 km (20 minutes by car) www.golfcapdagde.com
- Tourism office : www.tourisme-sete.com
Other activities in Sète :
- Local specialities and events http://www.tourisme-sete.com/toutes-les-manifestations.html
- Jousting during the summer season
- Numerous festivals: Quand je pense à Fernande (june) - Worlwide Festival (july) - Jazz à Sete (july) - Fiest'A Sete (august)
- Photo Exhibits: Images Singulières
- Literary Events: Les Voix Vives (july) - Les Automnales, meeting with writers (october) - Café littéraire all year long
- Guided tour of Sète and its typical neighbourhoods www.seaseteandsun.com
- Visit of criée (fish professionnal market)
- Discovery of the rich and colorful local gastronomy: essentials, cuttlefish rust, stuffed squid, bourride de anglerfish *, macaronade...
- To discover at 50 km :
- Thau laguna’s ports: Balaruc, Bouzigues, Mèze, Marseillan...
- Pézénas ( 40 km), medieval city where lived Molière and Bobby Lapointe
- Montpellier ( 25 km) : rich in history
- Salagou lake and Hérault valley